Here's the problem. Babykins and I aren't exactly rich. We do okay, but there's not much left over at the end of the month. Especially since (fingers crossed) Babykins will be going back to school in the fall. However... I want this dang vacation!
So maybe for now I will just dream about it, and save every penny I can. And probably pretend that I really and truly am going, because otherwise dreaming about it will just be depressing.
Ah hem. Let the dreaming commence. (quick preface: planning dream vacation = planning a fun trip that costs as little money as humanly possible)

San Diego Vacay
It begins with a road trip. Babykins and I, hitting the road: taking turns driving, arguing over whose music to listen to, listening to audio books, piles of snacks in the back seat, and having plenty of time to chat the way you can't when your week is compiled of working/eating/sleeping.
We'll stop in Las Vegas just in time for dinner. And of course, in time to take in a few sights. I don't really know what there is to do in Vegas besides that. I guess we could try to take in a show, but that seems awfully expensive. So we'll probably wander the strip, and take pictures of the tourist traps. Babykins will try his hand at gambling, lose a few dollars, and pull out extensive trivia on why the game is rigged against him. And that will probably be the whole of our Vegas experience. But Vegas is probably a good stopping point anyway (especially since the rest of Nevada sucks [no offensive to Nevadians]).And then! And then! Off to San Diego! This is the perfect destination for us.
It has something that we will each enjoy.
For Babykins:

I asked him why he wants to go to these places in particular, and he responded with, "Because I'm a massive nerd-child." A little bit true! ha. Babykins loves animals. He's constantly trying to convince me that we should one day own all sorts of crazy animals (african wild dog, a monkey, ferret, lizards, maybe a cheetah or two... well, the list is never-ending).
Perhaps if we frequent places like these, his desire for a million pets will be tamed. Okay, probably not. But he'll have fun here anyway! And I will, too. I remember loving Sea World as a kid. I've never been to the Zoo, but I hear its freaking awesome.
For Me: I just want to go to the beach!
And on this beach, my activities can be briefly depicted with the following:
![]() |
| Read. Take photos. Nap. Listen to music. |
Life is hectic and stressful and altogether exhausting. The number one thing I want from this vacation is to have a chance to completely relax. I know, its a far-fetched dream. But this dream of a brief respite is something that I can use to keep me going on the days life really hits me hard. That's not such a bad thing, is it?
If anyone has tips/advice/ideas on how this dream can be achieved on a minuscule budget, please let me know!!
love,
lisapink



Let's do it
ReplyDeleteJust get a credit card. (:
ReplyDelete