Wednesday, April 27, 2011

♥Music 2

I know I just made a song post, but this song is too wonderful to pass up. Music is precious to me in the ability songs have to express feelings inside me. It is such a powerful high to listen to a song that I can completely relate to.

A shout out to Kari who introduced me to this band!

The Cave - Mumford and Sons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtEasM--AQg

Read the lyrics here! http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858766939/

The first few times I heard this, I mostly just loved the sound of his voice and also the incredible banjo bridge. Beautiful music! I also loved one particular line: "I'll find strength in pain." That is such a difficult thing to do, but its the only way to overcome obstacles in your life. As I listened to the song more, I realized more and more what a powerful message it was. Here is my breakdown of what this song really means.

To me, this is about a previous Life Path: one that was leading you to destruction/unhappiness; but it was all you knew and all you cared about.
You finally see the light and know its time to choose a new path. Its difficult to acknowledge how wrong your old life was for you. So you hope for the best. Its painful, but you choose to find strength in the pain of chaning your ways instead of feeling defeated.
You leave everything behind in pursuit of the "truth," or this new life, because you know it is exactly what you need to become whole. However, your old life keeps tempting you; you want to slip back because the truth is difficult and terrifying to face.
Coming into your new life, changing your life path: these are life altering events. Everything you knew was a dark cave of ignorance. Leaving that ignorance is completely bewildering. However when you see the maker's "hand" in it all (or when really KNOW you made the right decision in changing), it becomes so clear how you are finally your own person.
Every single person needs freedom. And above all, you need to know WHO you are meant to be. Knowing that is the hardest and most important struggle people endure. And in the end, it is what defines your entire life.

As I said, I can really relate to this. I have definitely had several life-altering challenges and changes in my life. I am sure many people are silently (and not so silently) surprised at the ways my life has changed and the person who I have become. But I don't think most realize what a difficult JOURNEY it was to where I am. And I think even fewer realize that I truly feel like the path I am currently on is one in which the feeling of knowing who I am has never been stronger. And I wouldn't trade that for anything. I know the choices I have made. I know the strength I have gained from overcoming many trials and obstacles. And I know I am a better person for it. I know who I am.

Do you? :)

love,
lisapink

P.S. One of these days, I'm going to blog in detail about the challenges I've had to overcome and how I found my way to where I am now. At least, I'll blog about it once I find the courage. One of my biggest fears is exposing deeply personal emotions to others. That fear has hindered my ability to make close friends. I know its far past time to change my ways. Thanks Mumford and Sons, for being an inspiration to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment