Beige oval pill, before I go to work
Small white pill, morning and night
These will help me feel better.
Too many times I couldn't breathe
But not so many, since beige.
Only beige also brings me down
Down to the dark, to the empty
To the let this moment be my last.
Bring in white, to add a little color
Not as down, not as dark.
Three a day, don't run out
Don't forget
Or you suffocate
Or you drown
By the time the sun comes back around.
Punished for yesterday's mistakes.
But lets say I don't forget
Still not enough
Drag myself out of bed
Try to care as little as possible
About hair, makeup, clothes.
Leave the safety of home
Enter an alternate reality.
Hello! Caring, funny, sharing
Helpful, dedicated, innovative.
I'm happy, I have it together, I'm on,
I'm me?
Yes -- but also no. Not me.
Work me.
Every joke a tool to smile
Every laugh I get a lifeline
Every task accomplished a victory.
I had a good day
But its still not enough
Drive home, comfy pants
I smell dinner.
Crash. I'm tired. Emotionally Exhausted.
So many hours, so much effort
Now I feel the ups, the downs, the everything.
Slide under a warm blanket
Don't face the feelings
Slip into quiet and forget.
Lets say I wake up refreshed
Its still not enough
Hours stretch ahead of me
An evening to fill, to waste
No money, no friends, no plans.
I'm ready to feel.
The only way I know how
Two-thirds can Black Cherry Fresca
I won't admit how many ounces
Malibu Mango Rum.
MMMmmmmmm.... melt
I smile
I feel
wonderful!
I watch TV, happily
I might blog, might color, might read
I pet Jesse's face, give him a kiss
I love everything.
That was Monday
How long until Friday?
Repeat, repeat, repeat.
Beige pill, white pill,
happy Lisa, tired Lisa, drunk Lisa
and white pill.
All accomplishing the same goal
Get through another moment
day, week, month.
Repeat, repeat, repeat.
Still not enough
Can I press pause?
Can I fast forward?
Still not enough
I'm sorry I can't be happy.
I treat the symptoms
Because I can't find the cause.
Its too invisible
For anyone to see but
I always know its there.
Please don't judge
Please don't take this away.
Please don't think you understand.
I don't understand.
love,
lisapink
![]() |
| do you ever wish you lived in a painting? |

No comments:
Post a Comment