My last eight days... in reverse chronological order.
- 1/27 - Wednesday Jesse and I watched my two nephews and my niece while my sister and her husband went to dinner for his birthday. When they came home, we had cake and ice cream with them. I got "home" about 9 or 9:30.
- 1/26 - Tuesday I called in late to work..... NOT because I was hungover but because I was completely exhausted (see below). People were pissed but I don't care. Well, I do. After work I went to my boss's house for a girl's night with some people from work. It was so much fun!! We played Telestrations After Dark (new fave game) and laughed so hard we were all red-faced. Then we got even drunker and talked/talked/talked/talked. These girls are seriously amazing. Katie and Maddy are moving away soon and I am going to miss the hell out of them. When Jesse came and picked me up (I was so happy to see him lol), I talked non-stop on the twenty minute drive home about every awesome detail I could remember. I got home about 12:30. Yes - I got completely drunk two work nights in a row. (But on Wednesday I showed up at my normal time for work.)
- 1/25 - Monday I left work at 4:00 with Jesse to go to Park City/Sundance to see my brother. He was receiving an award from WISFF and we were able to see him presented with that. Later we went to an "after party" where they took a billion pictures of him. Then we went on an unintentional pub crawl lol. I love spending time with him; we've gotten so close in the past year and it just feels awesome to have family I can truly be myself with and connect with. Park City was crazy so Jesse and I didn't hit the road back until 2 a.m. I got home at 4 a.m.
- 1/24 - Sunday was fairly chill; my sister helped us clean/organize/unpack our apartment. Later that night we went shopping, buying and ice cream cake for my niece's birthday and watched her open presents. She's 14!!!
- 1/23 - Saturday morning I was able to sleep in; which was good because I wasn't feeling very well. Then that afternoon I helped watch my niece/nephews and also helped get everything ready for my niece's birthday. When her guests arrived, her parents went upstairs so she could have a "cool" party, and I stayed to play host and make sure the party didn't die out lol. It was actually kind of fun. Mostly I just watched them sing Karaoke (very painful experience) but I also conducted some games and tried to get awkward middle schooler's out of their shells.
- I realized I just really like parties. I used to have them all the time growing up when I had a big group of friends, and I always planned/hosted the entire thing. Like, from the time I was about ten or so. I basically would just tell my mom what I needed. Its interesting because normally I don't like being at the center of attention, but I think I do while hosting parties because 1. then everything is (kinda) in my control and 2. I have to be social and outgoing to make sure that everyone is having a good time. I don't worry as much that they won't like me, because I'm too busy taking care of them!
- 1/22 - Friday I got off early from work and Jesse and I went down to SLC. We went to Outback Steakhouse with his family for his mom's birthday. It was really yummy! I had chicken, of course - I don't do steak. After that, we visited some places we miss - B&N and Target! I now have the paperback boxed set of The Hunger Games ♥. Target... we spent like $300 in 1.5 hours!!! We got clothes for Jesse, new shoes for both of us, a couple random items we've been meaning to purchase, and... Crayola colored pencils, 50 colors. I bought FOUR boxes (two were Christmas gift additions to the coloring books I had given, one was for my nephew who has been sharing with his sister, and one... I'll find a use for that one). I was so excited, because pretty much every other store in the entire state is sold out of Crayola colored pencils and has been for months. My theory is that the coloring book's for adults trend took off so fast Crayola didn't step up production in time. You can't even buy them online. Its insane. Anyway, Then we went to Cheesecake Factory for dessert because why the fuck not. We got home about 2 a.m. I think.
- I miss SLC. I lived there for six years, ages 18-24. SLC is where I became a person. Its where I became me. It was a very, very transitional time in my life. I found myself in those six years. And I will always love that city because of that. But also - I'm a city person. I need variety, I need convenience, I need options. I loved deciding I wanted to go to a movie at 10:00 at night and knowing some theater somewhere still had a showing I'd want to go to. I loved realizing the grocery store was out of my favorite whatever-whatever, so I'd go to the grocery store just down the street and find it there. I loved how fewer assumptions are made about people. I loved how diverse it was (comparatively, obviously). I loved that there were always bars/concerts/activities going on. Also I swear to god SLC had better park options than Logan. Did we still hang out at home a bunch and watch TV? Yeah. But we didn't have to. Also: SLC drivers are WAY less frustrating than Logan drivers - when there are that many people on the road at any given time, you can't just make up whatever the hell rules you want. Not to mention I used to have a 10 mile commute that took 15 minutes and now I have an 8 mile commute that takes 20 minutes.
- On a related note - Downtown by Macklemore is sooooo fun!!!
- 1/21 - Thursday I went to the gym after work... I can't remember what else I did that night. I possibly did some more party planning and prep for my niece's birthday party.
- 1/20 - Wednesday I created an invite for my niece's birthday party and sent it to Walmart to be printed as a photo. Then I took her shopping for party supplies and picked up the invites so she could hand them out at school the next day.
Pics or it didn't happen.
love,
lisapink


No comments:
Post a Comment