Sunday, September 04, 2011

I Need Advice

I love my life. I have a highly supportive/caring boyfriend, a decent job, a nice place to live, and I'm emotionally and financially stable. These are all things I've worked hard to obtain and am proud of myself for achieving. But something is missing. Friendship. Throughout my life, I've had a tendency to burn friendships when times get hard or when things aren't to my liking. I could probably name a half a dozen times I've done this. And at the time I thought I had reason, but time and time again I see it was my own emotional blocks shoving those who cared out of my life. But I want to change. I want to find friends. Just people who I can hang out with, talk to, do things with. And preferably people who would like to also hang out with Jesse. He and I love going out to dinner, to a movie, exploring downtown, going to concerts, camping, or a variety of other activities. And while we don't mind doing those things just on our own, it'd be nice to mix it up once and awhile with a few other people to joke and talk with.

So here's my problem. The only two places I have ever really found friends in my life is church and school. Well, I'm not attending a church of any kind (and that's not likely to change in the near future). And I'm not attending school right now (I'd like to at some point, but Jesse's schooling takes priority currently). So where does that leave me? It also doesn't help that I'm living in a city where even after several years I don't know too many people.

So the question is... Where does one find friends???

1 comment:

  1. At Auntie Ann's house. We go camping and exploring, come with us. I won't even invite you to church.... Yet.

    ReplyDelete