The barrage of wedding choices have begun, and I have officially made my first decision: WEDDING COLORS!
Pink and teal! Black will also make an appearance (my bridesmaid dresses will definitely be black), with perhaps an accent of silver.
Unless I change my mind. Which is a definite possibility. But I have a good feeling about this. I always knew there would be pink (quite obviously) but the teal is a nice addition. Also I'm only 80% sure about the shade of pink shown above (called watermelon for some ridiculous reason; watermelon is red). But that's a detail that can be worked out later.
I also started on a fabulous site called Pinterest shown to me by my sister (visit her blog, Confessions of a Slacker Mom). Its a site people can "pin" sites/images they absolutely love, and others can repin on their own boards. I think its going to be fantastic as I plan my wedding. Whenever I stumble across an interesting idea/venue/photographer/cake/theme/anythingweddingrelated, I'll be able to throw it on my wedding pin board and relate back to that website later. Much easier than trying to keep track of the photos or websites individually!
In addition to my wedding pin board, I also created an "inspiration" pin board. I spent a lot of time tonight throwing cute, inspirational, feel-good quotes on there. Its fantastic! Eventually I want to have a real inspiration wall in my room as a daily reminder that life is good, I am strong and beautiful, and with love I can do anything. I've struggled with a healthy self-esteem since I was a teen. And while its better than it has been in years, I know it could still use some improving. Focusing on the positive in life and in myself makes a tangible difference to my days and my overall well-being. To do that, I often have to compliment myself extravagantly. Ha ha. Its kind of weird and vain sounding, but you know what? Why not fully admit the good qualities you do have? Modesty is good and all, but realizing your true worth is infinitely better. Also, telling myself I'm a good, kind, beautiful person actually helps me be more of a good, kind, beautiful person. So really, I think all the self-flattery is justifiable.
Seriously though. It is. Especially since women in general have a serious tendency to focus on flaws. And life is too short to waste on worries and flaws. Love yourself, and you'll love life.
Oh! And tonight Jesse and I took an "are you ready for marriage?" questionnaire that was actually put together by BYU. Our LDS families should be pleased to know that according to their study, YES, we are ready! We both reported good communication skills and high level of relationship satisfaction. Which didn't come as any surprise. But it was fun anyway!
love,
lisapink
Cool about the questionnaire. You do seem compatible and happy together. We are happy for you!
ReplyDelete