It was a shocking revelation that I could feel so differently. I've become numb to all that is demanded of me, the blood that is drawn from me over and over. Numb, but reacting imperceptibly. Tiny wounds to my soul, inflicted without notice and without cause.
I realize now that in the past, I took for granted the joys and simple pleasures of being truly appreciated, of being looked at as someone worthy with a heart that loved and could be loved. Its such an integral expectation for day-to-day life, that it takes a long time to realize when a significant chunk of your existence is severely lacking in that area.
Today the defenses have been slowly building back up, as hard as I tried to ignore it happening. Truthfully, I need them. I can't get by without them. But I am mourning the lightness, the hope, that is being replaced by a stiff backbone and a rock solid heart. I have to go back to the way it has to be. The thought makes me want to weep, want to die, want to give up. I won't. I won't be defeated. I will return stronger than ever for knowing how soft and sweet life can be. This isn't my forever. This isn't my true calling. One day, one day I will find it and I will be the only one who is not astounded at what I have accomplished.


No comments:
Post a Comment