They say life is made up of chapters. Starting and ending, unfolding in a way we can never predict. If that's the case, I'm not sure what this chapter of my life is meant to be. It feels very long... and very blank. Page after page of wordless paper. Am I holding the pen above the paper, refusing to write? Or am I writing and writing but the ink has gone dry? Gouging the paper, leaving nothing but vague impressions, impossible to read. The pointlessness is painful.
What do I want my chapter to say? And if there's nothing for me to write here, what do I want my next chapter to be?
I know I'm not meant to keep my soul to myself. I need it out in the world, connecting with others. I need to know it is valuable for what it is, and for what it is not. And I want to find a way to show the world the value of the souls of others. In our human existence, the only story we ever truly understand is our own... but is there a way to show a sentence, a paragraph, a chapter of someone else's soul?
I want these words to matter... to be real... I want to ink the world...
love,
lisapink
No comments:
Post a Comment